Friday 30 March 2012

Friday's thyme loaf


I've combined some of the instructions from The Moro's Cookbook and Dan Lepard's Short and Sweet, together with some of the useful tips that I've gained from looking at You Tube.

I have used Moro's usual combination of 500g strong white flour, half teaspoon of dried yeast, 350ml tepid water and one teaspoon of salt, and a handful of thyme leaves and mixed the wet and dry ingredients in batches in my food mixer. I've left the dough to rest a few times and kneaded in the bowl by hand, and then left it to rise overnight. In the morning, I punched the mixture back and left for another couple of hours to rise before baking for 30 minutes. The overall loaf has the correct oven spring, and was easy to remove from the tin. The texture is good and chewy and the thyme taste works really well with a strong Kent Ashmore cheese available from JC Rooks and Sons the local South East Kent butcher chain.

No comments:

Post a Comment